Friday, March 13, 2009

My UGLY Dolls!




Well I got those ugly dolls done..all 6 of them.. I took them to the primitive shop in town..They fit right in!! I have a few more skinny head dolls to finish now.. The hubbie calls them "Bread Stick Dolls" because of their long skinny heads. I stitched a whisp of raw sheeps wool on top of their heads.. I hope I can find my black wool other wise they will have gray hair!! I also got my flat carrots done too.. I bundled them up 3 to a pack,, tied a strip of grungy cheese cloth around them. Stained a strip of wide twill,,,stamped "OLD CARROTS" on the twill. Pinned the twill on with a rusty safty pin and jingle bell. AND I was a prim -makin'-demon because I also got my Easter pillows done too. I had them on ebay and they didn't sell so I scraped off as much of the mica flakes off (as the shop in town didn't want mica on them.) I regrungied them real dark, because the shop LOVES their stuff really almost extreame prim...and off to the shop they went. The bunnies you can hardly see but they have real wool for their "cotton" tails...If I lived where they grow cotton I sure would have loved to sew real raw cotton on them. I have one small clump that I picked up that blew thru a fence at a way side while we were driving to Florida.. I never saw raw cotton and I was so excited to have a piece. No clue where I stashed it...Hugs Rene





3 comments:

  1. Love the little chick mini-pillows and the carrots. So makes me want Spring to come.
    Have a great weekend.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks really good. Even the ugly dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those pillows..you are so funny...have a great weekend..I just fed the fish...:)

    ReplyDelete

SET 1 PRIMITIVE LABELS 25 Vintage looking labels

* 25 Vintage Labels SET 1*

SET 2 PANTRY LABELS

* 26 Vintage Labels SET 2 *

* 170 HALLOWEEN LABELS JUST WORDS SET 4 *

SET 4 HALLOWEEN WORDS LABELS

* What's in My Cart?*